Water in Examinations
Further to Examination Rule (l) - Student Conduct: The following guidelines will be issued to Chief Supervisors in regards to water.
- TASC advises Chief Supervisors that water may be brought into an examination room by candidates provided that the water is in a clear plastic bottle that has no adhesive labels affixed and has pop-top lid. The bottle is to be a maximum of 1500 ml capacity.
- Drink containers are not to be refilled during the examination, nor are they to be shared between candidates.
- No time allowance is to be given to students as a result of any accident relating to drink containers, such as spillage of drinks.
- All incidents relating to the use of drink containers are to be recorded on the exam session report form.
- In the event of a long period of hot weather Chief Supervisors may make additional arrangements with the school or college to ensure that students do not suffer as a result of the heat. The Office of TASC expects that schools would meet any cost involved.