Subject: Technical Graphics - Exam Paper Critic
Date: November 10, 2011
Attention: TCE Co-ordinator and All Teachers of:
TECHNICAL GRAPHICS (TEG315110) - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Authority is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified persons, teachers and/or academics for the following position in 2012:
EXAMINATION PAPER CRITIC
Interested parties should advise Michelle Harvey at the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority by Friday, 25 November 2011, providing the following details:
Telephone Numbers (home and work)
Qualifications and Experience
Please note: Teachers who are teaching the course in the same year cannot apply for the position of examination paper critic.
DUTIES OF CRITICS
* review the first draft of the paper and provide a report (a pro-forma will be provided).
* provide solutions to questions on the exam paper.
* meet with the Setting Examiner(s) to discuss the first draft of the paper.
* must undertake the draft examination paper and note the time taken to produce acceptable answers.
* provide Setting Examiner(s) with suggestions for improvement. Critics need be specific about any concerns they may have. If necessary, critics can suggest alternative questions for consideration by the Setting Examiner(s).
* critics for some subjects MUST provide solutions to the exam paper and Answers must be provided to the first draft. If any changes are made to the paper at a later date, solutions need be revised accordingly.
* proofread the 2nd draft of the paper.
Solutions and/or a marking guide MUST be provided for all subjects.
Michelle Harvey Senior Assessment Co-ordinator TQA